Sunday 16 January 2011

David Foldvari : I think I love you



I discovered David Foldvari when I was in college over four years ago now and I still adore his work just as much as I did when I first exposed myself to it.
His work is direct and has a hint of dark humour to it; he definitely has a strong opinion. He turns the quintessentially British ‘stiff upper lip’ on its head and expresses his attitude to life and design wonderfully through his work.

Lil bit ‘o’ background for you:
He was born in Budapest, and has been living in the UK since 1986. Since graduating from the Royal College in London in 2001, his work has gained international recognition. His Eastern European roots influence 
He, his work often suggests alienation, identity and belonging
 "Dealing with negative issues in my work helps to keep me balanced in real life"
Recently his work has become more monochromatic, stark and melancholy whilst still managing to retain its humanity and humour.
David Foldvari has exhibited widely in London, New York, Japan, France, Italy, Germany, Slovenia and Hungary. Some of his recent commercial clients include Nike, Penguin Books, Random House, Mercury, Levis, Greenpeace and Arena. In 2007 he earned a D&AD award for involvement on Nike Run London and for his input on Beck’s The Information.













No comments:

Post a Comment