Tuesday 9 March 2010

Screen Printing




Yesterday I learned how to Screenprint! In my whole 3 years of university I have not learned this trade and always wanted to. So me and my good friend Sandra, decided to screen print some of our designs onto canvas bags and sell them for our degree show funding. It was such a brilliant day and even though we were working hard it was very enjoyable, and to look at our own made canvas bags was a great reward.

I learned so much in one day and quite regret not learning it sooner as the results are lovely, the texture and vividness of the prints are so much clearer and more exciting than normal computer prints.

After we printed two different designs on to 20 canvas bags, we also printed onto small brown paper bags, as we could use these to package our sale items in at the card and bake sale we had organised, these prints looked just as charming and all in all I was satisfied with the results.

Here are some pictures I took to record the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment